Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Reflective Blogging Question #1

What Technology do you use to stay in touch and WHY?

Like most people between the ages of 16 and 25, I use my smartphone which is an android operated Galaxy S3. The reason why I use this technology the most frequent is because it fits in my front pocket. My smartphone allows me to access the internet (nowadays there is a mobile website version of most up-to-date sites), check FaceBook and other social networking websites, use an application-based email for my personal emails as well as my school emails, make phone calls, send texts, and I can even use video telecommunication software like Skype. For a lot of people on the go, using a smartphone seems to be the best way for communication and staying in touch with the world.

3 comments:

  1. I really like what you said about how it fits in your pocket. Laptops are extremely nice, however the ability to have something with you at all times in invaluable. I think this is why the growth of smartphones is growing faster than any other market. It seems as phones have grown so much in the last year, so I am just curious to see where they can go next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In terms of future endeavors, I downloaded and android application that allows you to create smartphone applications. It uses java coding but it's different from what I have done so far. Give it a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, I use my smart phone for pretty much the same reasons. Facebook, e-mail, internet, and texts. Being able to keep in touch with almost anyone I know, from almost anywhere, using multiple sources. This is what the future is all about to me - making sure that the walls between us and communication/information are taken down.

    ReplyDelete